Not only is Phuket Thailand’s largest island but it’s also one of the most popular vacation destinations, and for good reason. The island is filled with beautiful beaches, various tourist attractions, fun activities, and adventurous excursions. People all over the world go to Phuket for a family vacation, a honeymoon, or a luxury vacation for a relaxing time away from the crowded city. Regardless of your reason for visiting Phuket, there is always something to do and see in there. If you’re still not convinced, here are five more reasons why you consider Phuket as your next vacation destination:
1. The Beaches Are Gorgeous When you go to Phuket, you can’t miss the shimmering water, the white sands, and the incredible sunsets. You have the freedom to choose the kind of beaches that you prefer. Whether you want to go for more serene and peaceful beaches or for busy and activity-filled beaches, the choice is yours! Patong is an ideal place if you want a cheery beach vibe. You can find a lot of great bars and restaurants in the area, too. For somewhere less hectic and loud, you Kata Beach and Karon Beach are both excellent options. If you’re one of those adventurous tourists, you can try out jet skis and banana boats as well.
2. You Can Experience the Yachting Lifestyle When it comes to yachting, Phuket is undoubtedly at the forefront. The charm of yachting is the al fresco dining. You can choose whether you want to enjoy exquisite gourmet dining on board or in a fancy restaurant by the sea. Either way, you get to dine near the water and under the beautiful sunset. The perfect weather in Phuket makes the yachting lifestyle even more appealing. In fact, there are several yachting events throughout the year that you can partake in.
3. You Can Visit Nearby Islands When you go to Phuket, you can also visit nearby islands for variation. Each tropical island has its own unique charm that you should really explore and see for yourself. From Phuket, you can easily access to Phi Phi Island, a popular island among tourists. If you want to try out scuba diving, the Similan Islands are known for being hotspots for divers. In Coral Island, you can go for a longtail boat ride or speedboat for a swim and snorkeling. As you can see, there are many notable islands near Phuket, and you should definitely visit some of them while you’re already there!
4. There Are Loads of Island Activities By now, you should know that Phuket is filled with outdoor activities, including yachting, scuba diving, snorkeling, jet skiing - you name it, they probably have it! If you’re more of a relaxed vacationer who appreciates the luxury lifestyle, Phuket is also the home to numerous luxury villas and spas that will give you the full luxury experience that you desire.
If you want to immerse yourself in the culture, there are many temples that you should visit, including the remarkable Wat Phra Thong, where you will find a Buddha statue half buried in the ground. Moreover, when you visit Phuket, one place that you must visit is Phuket Old Town. There, you will find local boutiques where you can buy unique gifts and souvenirs to take back home with you. You can appreciate the Sino-Portuguese architecture in Phuket Old Town as well. Nothing is more satisfying than sipping coffee at a cafe under the warm sun while admiring all the picture-perfect buildings.
5. The Nightlife Is the Best Apart from the beaches, Phuket is well-known for its vibrant nightlife. Patong is the town that you must visit when you go to Phuket. Bangla Road is the place you want to go for a night out. There, you will find restaurants, go-go bars, and night clubs that will guarantee you a night to remember!
Keemala is a luxury villa hotel on Kamala beach. Get in touch today to book your stay!